Each of our History Alive Support Packages is designed with the teacher/educator in mind. They are best used towards the end of the topic teaching when there is a good understanding of the basic curriculum points.
Having covered aspects such as Renaissance Art and Literature and famous characters of the time, we will help cement that learning, create a memorable event and pull together the seperate areas of the topic.
Before the BuccaneerBlades visit we will provide age specific teaching resources in a format requested (Downloads, file attachments or hard copies) that will support the visit. These may include worksheets, posters, wordsearches, activity pro-formas and “kit lists” for the day.
We can deliver the 2 hour session within the school environment ( a large classroom or school hall), or at a suitable educational visit site (with prior written agreement). Eg. Museum, significant local building or landmark. We will be bringing a range of costumes and props and will require a “backstage” area.
Typical Session layout:
- Short introduction given in costume.
- Demonstration of different swords and swordfighting etiquette
- Dress-up and role play using our equipment
- Work sheets – interactive with the environment if on a visit
- Activities – Resulting artefacts theirs to take home. Eg. sword design.
Please contact us for pricelists and availability.
Mbl: 07774 214830